No doubt, physiotherapy is a great healer for any kind of rotator cuff tears of a shoulder. According to the research, people suffering from rotator cuff tears can get the favorable result within 6-12 weeks or earlier.
There are two types of rotator cuff tears, one is traumatic and other is degenerative. There are a number of reasons that lead to this problem in your shoulder such as shoulder imbalances, poor shoulder blade position, overhead shoulder tasks, etc. According to the majority, a big part of the population is going through this problem however people are unaware of its symptoms.
On talking about the treatment of rotator cuff tears, as it is distinct so only professional orthopaedic physiotherapist with detailed information can do it accurately. A patient should disclose everything about the pain such as:
- History of shoulder pain and problems
- Medical history, if you have gotten assistance from medical specialist
- Medicines you are using to treat the problem
- Your ways of lying and sitting.
After a complete discussion, a physiotherapist will recommend a treatment that will deliver progress in re-evaluating it regularly. For the common rotator cuff tears, the treatment will proceed in this way:
- Stretch and strengthen the required muscle groups to treat the imbalance conditions.
- Manual therapy to improve the shoulder mobility.
- Proprioceptive exercises to work on the sense of joint positions and motor control.
- Activity modification and spinal mobility exercises.
- Treatment for torn tissue improvement using physiotherapy methods.
- Interventions for overall health improvement including cardiovascular exercise, smoking cessation and nutrition.
Over the counter, well-designed physiotherapy treatment includes all kind of techniques that get rid of such a painful and debilitating health issue.
To get the assistance of a professional physiotherapist, you can approach Bramalea Physiotherapy & Wellness in Brampton. We provide customized support and care to our clients throughout their rehabilitation condition.